Thursday 23 September 2010

Garden Cockerel Sculpture in Bronze Resin

Garden Sculpture of a Cockerel
Here it is looking as if he already owns the place. I was so pleased to see the finished sculpture of the cockerel safely back and now placed in my garden. I will need to photograph it well before putting on the web site. It weighs quite a lot so had to be carried carefully. At the moment it is sitting on the wooden deck. I like the way the cockerel sculpture looks as if it has always been there and is very much in charge.

I think he would suit putting up slightly higher maybe on a wall. I am planning to visit a friend with a very splendid garden and see if the cockerel sculpture will photograph well there.

My next work is to complete a set of hares for a client. These are going to be created in clay and high-fired to stoneware
temperatures. The final finish will be using a bronze glaze that works very well on ceramic garden sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment